7.06.2018

4th Grade's Got Talent...

I used to do this thing where I'd back log all my blog posts to make myself feel better. But in this time of giving grace to myself, Imma just post something that happened in May right here on July 6. 

*******************

The kindergarteners of College Hills aren't the only ones with an end-of-year performance tradition. Every year the 4th graders put on a Variety Show... ANY kid that wants to perform gets to and I just love that. The music and classroom teachers help them refine their act and each homeroom has a special performance so all the kids get to participate. 


Kayla and Vicky were the first two performers and that was the moment I started crying. It takes so much courage to get up in front of your peers and be vulnerable and I was just  so proud of them! 


The whole room was filled with smiles and pride - you could look around and see it in the faces of parents and teachers and even their classmates in the audience. 
 

Radley and his friends hosted a "Bad Joke Contest" - he and Cade were the emcees and Davis and Gabe were the bad joke tellers. 


I CRACKED up the entire time.

My two favorite jokes:

What's the difference between broccoli and boogers? Kids don't eat broccoli. HAHAHAH

and

Have you seen the new movie, Constipated?  No? It's because it hasn't come out yet.

Dead. On the floor. From laughter. 


This kid. 
My first baby. 
My only boy. 
My huge giant man-child.

He couldn't make me prouder if he tried. Watching him grow up is one of my greatest honors. The fact that he lets me still hug and kiss him in public? Well that's just a magnificent added bonus. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment