7.06.2015

All hail Hale Center...

We like to celebrate July 4th for a full week - I mean it is kind of an important holiday so a week is the least we can do to pay tribute to the freedoms we enjoy every single day. Recently we've found ourselves in different cities for the 4th and its fun to see all the ways that Independence Day is celebrated - most include a parade, fireworks and obviously lots of good food!



This year we drove north to Hale Center home of the famous Cindy Brown Munson and I can't tell you how much fun it was to see where she grew up. Her mom and grandmom's house reminded me much of my own.... right down to the yellow formica countertops. But more than that their homes were warm, welcoming and full of love. Cindy's dad is a farmer and we all loved getting to see all of the crops and took advantage of those stalks of corn for a few pics.



We got to stay at Cindy's grandmother's house. Mid spoiled us all with yummy food, gracious hospitality and fun things to keep us entertained. But I'm pretty sure my favorite thing about staying there was seeing all the old pics of Cindy and Melinda. Out of my deepest respect and love for my friend, I didn't take any pictures of those pics. Cindy - you are welcome. (Rest of the world...I may snap a few on the way back!) 


The town north of Hale Center had their parade and fireworks celebration on the 3rd so we headed to Plainview to get our seats and enjoy the scene. Cindy's HS reunion was that same night, so we got Papa and Bebe all to ourselves. 


The kids were super excited to see all the sights...


and get all that candy!


And of course they had to taste that candy - Ryan and I took full advantage of the girls picking the sour gum ball to try...


Landry started strong but she couldn't keep it in her mouth for long. 


We grabbed a quick bite to eat and then headed to find a spot for the main event.


The kids are always my favorite part about fireworks. Their faces, shrieks of joy and unending laughter just make the night.


I know I'm a little bit biased, but these are some cute kids (and pretty darn sweet - how cute are Caroline and Emersyn holding hands!)


It was a great day celebrating one of my favorite holidays with sweet friends that are just like our family!


And the celebrating didn't stop there....

4 comments:

  1. I'm not gonna lie....I really think I would be considering that corn pic for a Christmas card!! The colors are great together! Glad you guys are having a blast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did turn out nicely! :) Totally playing catch up now - wish me luck!

      Delete
  2. You captured the sour candy faces perfectly!!! Your kiddos are so stinkin' cute! Can't wait to read more of your adventures!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - I died at that face Emmy made. Playing catch up now - prepare for some back dated posts!

      Delete