8.19.2018

Bittersweet (back to school) days ...

Once again, summer came and went all too quickly. We had more fun than we know what to do with and made lots of lasting memories, but the start of school is always so bittersweet. The kids are at a cross between excited to see old friends, make new friends and spend time with their favorite teachers.  We filled our last week of summer with lazy days, time with Gigi, fun in the sun and a few of favorite movies.

And we even made time to meet some teachers.... Landry is ready to take on first grade with Ms. Cameron and Ms. Kriscunias, and something tells me that Ms. Munoz (far left) may already be wrapped around her finger. Ha!


The third grade team is seriously amazing at College Hills and Emmy is so excited for Mrs. Ferguson and Mr. Solis and if you can tell by the "photo bombs" they have zero fun. Ms. Padilla keeps them on their toes!


College Hills is definitely home for our crew and I'm so thankful that we took that leap of faith and chose this amazing school all those years ago. 


And just when we were all acquainted and in a groove... something new comes along. This giant first-born of ours refused to repeat 4th grade for life, which means he is on a new campus... and y'all... I just can't take it. He's 1000% ready and while I'm only being a tiny bit dramatic... this big giant step brings so much of the unknown with it. 

I don't know the drop off process.
I don't know all the parents.
I won't know all the new kids.
I don't know what it means to be an orchestra mom.
And I'm pretty sure that I won't know half of the "advanced math" that he's going to bring home. 


But I do know this kid. 
I know he is kind.
I know he is capable.
I know he is caring. 
I know he works hard.
I know he helps others.
I know he loves to learn. 
I know that he makes me proud. 

And, really, that's all I need to know. Our job is to prepare him for the path... and while we don't have amazing parenting days 100% of the time... we have done our best to raise a kind human that is more than ready to tackle any journey he finds himself on. 


At some point, our kiddos quit holding on to us so tightly... they stand up tall, they are confident and brave, they show courage and try new things. They're that kid on the left. And then there's us crazy mommas, holding on to dear life refusing to let them go until we absolutely have to. And if we're lucky, then the kid on the left will also be like the kid on the right... happy to let us hold on a little longer, knowing that we will let go eventually. 

;) 



No comments:

Post a Comment