While I was pregnant I had the pleasure of being told the following things...
- Wow...I can't believe you're showing that much (I was 23 weeks at this point)
- You look really tired today, you must feel awful
- You're getting huge
- I bet you're ready for her to get here
- You must be miserable; it's so hot outside
- I can't believe how swollen you are
- You're never going to make it to your due date
... the list goes on. And while these may not be the rudest most outrageous things you can say... I still can't believe that people would say them (out loud).
So, when Emmy arrived, I thought I was done with the comments...little did I realize they had just begun...
- Let me see your baby... I swear it was just like that; like people feel they have the right to stare at my child and this happens everywhere, Target, Kohls, Hobby Lobby... all the SAHM hot spots ;)
- Look at all that hair... you know it's all going to fall out ... why thank you for letting me know you get that your kid is ugly, right?
- Are you tired? You look tired.... actually, I feel great although I'm sure that's a great disappointment to you
- Oh, a girl! How sweet! But she's going to be trouble in 13 years.
I'm not sure what the point of this post is other than to provide a public service announcement to everyone out there that may have said a similar remark to someone you know. I'm sure you meant no harm but let this be a lesson that pregnant women already know that they are bigger than normal... but let's not forget that are GROWING LIFE... let's cut 'em some slack! Only 50% of the population are given the opportunity to do this and a large percentage of that may not be able to conceive, so talk about miracles. Who cares about a little swollen feet, eh?
And when commenting on new babies just stick with "How cute" "What a blessing" "So precious" "That's the most beautiful baby I've ever seen" "You look GREAT", etc...
Once again, enough of my ramblings... I have a face to wash (mine), a baby to feed, and some ice cream to eat... for now enjoy some pics of the last few days...
Playing outside (yes I put my baby in the garage)
Our first "Ladies Lunch" with KK
And a pic with Mommy
Playing outside again, but this time she was being carried
Doesn't he look so big in this picture?
Not sure why this is sideways, but I LOVE this hand-me-down gown from Caro and Anna!