9.20.2014

InstaKings...

The difference between kid 1 and kid 3 is exhaustion mixed with common sense. On this particular evening I was just tired and I didn't want to remake her bed after a 3rd straight night of accidents. We are in that weird in between of solid dry nights, she hates pull-ups and I like not buying them. So instead of making her bed - she got a fun pallet on the floor. So what if she sat in her room singing and reading books 25 minutes after I put her to bed? Who cares that she managed to get out every blanket and extend the pallet across her bedroom for her dolls? She was content and I got to listen to her imagination. Sometimes the third kid gets the least.... they get old toys, worn clothes and used up markers... but they also get parents that have eased up, choose our battles, and parent with a little more grace. 


We got to celebrate our big kid turning seven and kept it simple. He has been BEGGING for a bike and we had practically convinced him that it would have to wait for Christmas. To say he was pleasantly surprised is an understatement. Parenting is fun. 


His birthday was fun from start to finish - nothing elaborate, everything special. We topped it off with a DQ requested dinner with a travelling "you're special today" plate!


Our first Aggie #Sundaysweetness of the fall. 


Hand's down one of our best suppers to date. 

Grilled  pork chops over mashed potatoes with my secret sauteed mushrooms and grilled asparagus. I am mad that I don't make it every week. 


One of our first signs of fall - this sweet chalkboard pumpkin that has had the same thing written on it for four years! :) (Thanks, KK!)


We got to have an extra passenger on the ride to school a few days last week. Cindy was out on a business trip so Josh dropped Mills off with us for the ride into town!


Just some light reading in the carpool line. Most of the time my job is all smiles - but sadly, we have some real issues to deal with, too. 


Anna's bday celebration started out with dinner at Whataburger and I may make it a weekly rotation spot. Not one time did I have to ask someone to eat. Thank you, Whatabooger. Thank you.



I love this stage in life. I love surprising them with fun moments of getting spoiled. Big and small alike. A random stop to get toes painted after a quick froyo treat and everyone was so excited. I got hear "I love my best-friend" about 50 times in that 3 hour time period from school pick up to this exact snapshot in life. I wanted to remember just how fun it is to watch their faces light up with joy. 




The greatest thing about having awesome students is I get some pretty amazing friends for life. 


They lasted .5 seconds splashing in the puddles because it was "freeezing". Also known as 70 degrees in Texas. 


Did I mention how "suite" life was a few weekends ago?


Because it was really really really suite. 


And the company we shared it with wasn't so bad either!! 

Thanks for the invite, friends! We'll be happy to be the guests of the guests anytime!!


Moms, friends and students - go to HEB. Purchase some Hot Mama. Slice up some HEB sausage, brown in skillet. Pour sauce on top and heat through. Drizzle a little brown sugar on top to cut heat. Serve with whatever comfort food you choose. And be a winner at dinner. #youarewelcome


Meanwhile, in Aggieland.... 

#gross
#ew
#Ihidunderatableincollegewithmyroomiewhenbatsenteredthelibrary
#theONEtimeItriedtostudy
#itwasasign
#sothenwewenttothebar


And that's us in an instant!

No comments:

Post a Comment