4.21.2011

Tiny Tales Thursday...

Radley has been potty trained since December 2009.

We were very lucky that his school did all the hard work (money well spent!). 

In that time he has for sure had some accidents, but for the most part was an all-start bathroom goer. 

My "goal" was for him to be using the potty by the age of three since I heard that boys take longer to train than girls. But, he surpassed all expectations and I am so thankful for that. 


However.

He still has problems "holding it" over night. Which isn't that huge of deal since they make some handy dandy pull-ups that refer to as "Buzz" since his have a nice picture of Buzz Lightyear on them. The goal every night is to "keep Buzz dry".

Some nights... SUCCESS! Others, not so much.

We've tried everything. No water after 7. Peeing before sleep. Bribes. You name it. 

Again, I'm not too worried about, but that extra spending money would be nice to spend on a fun pair of shoes the kids' college tuition. 

The other night as it was nearing bed time Radley wanted a drink.

Radley: I'm thirsty, Mommy.
Me: It's almost bedtime, buddy and you want a dry Buzz right?
Radley: But I'm reallllllly thirsty.
Me: Ok, but only a tiny sip. 
Radley: Ok. Just a little sip. I keep Buzz dry.
Radley drinks water and goes back to playing.

10 minutes later he sees me get a not so tiny drink of water. 

Radley: You get a big drink of water, Mommy?
Me: Yes, buddy. I'm thirsty.
Radley: You keep your Buzz dry?
Me: Well, for the past 30 years or so I've done pretty good. 
Radley: Ok. You can have water then.

Gee, thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment