5.17.2012

Tiny Tales Thursday...

So, Emmy has decided that she would like to attempt potty training. Wahoo. (please note the sarcasm)

I know, I know...most parents would be overjoyed that their not-even-two-year-old wanted to use the potty. However. It's really more of her saying "poop poop POOOOOOP" and sitting there while we read books. She's had several "successes" for GiGi but most of the time it seems like an excuse to get up from the dinner table. We are at the place of encouraging the act of trying vs. discouraging interest because we know she isn't really going to go. With the added bonus of a nursing mommy home alone at times with 3 kids - those are the times when I know she has to "go" and ends up not making it in time because I'm feeding Landry.

Humph.

Well, the other night Daddy was on bath duty and me and Landry were enjoying the quiet clear across the house. I could hear some intense screaming loud crying through the monitor in Emmys room, so we went to check out the commotion...

Me: What was going on in here?
Ryan: Emmy kept saying "poop" so I put her on the potty before bath.
Me: And?....
Ryan: Well, she didn't go so I went to put her in the bath. When I looked up, she was well...., and I kinda caught it.
Me: IN YOUR HAND?
Ryan: Well...and it must have scared her.

At this point I could not contain my laughter. The joys of parenthood are never ending, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment