I love these kind of link-ups. It lets me be nosy without hitting stalker status. Today Andrea is challenging us to share our quirks, phobias, nicknames... all the things that make us tick. So, dear readers, may I present...
2. I love to journal...I have five or so that I randomly write in. One for bad days, one for good days, one for poetry, one that travels with our family and one that I want my kids to read when I'm gone and laugh.
3. One of my favorite things to do is spend a day in the kitchen. I love cooking for my people. I love the sounds of onion and garlic sizzling in a pan and filling the house with its glorious aroma. I love sipping on wine, snacking on chocolate and making food all day long.
4. If I could have one wish, it would be to have the gift of song. I LOVE to sing and do so on a regular basis, despite how awful I sound...its one of my favorite things to do.
5. I have known my three best friends for a combined 89 years (Jenni, 31 years; Lyndee, 33 years; Charis 25 years)
6. I actually hate it when businesses use the phrase "combined X number of years experience". Or spell things incorrectly on purpose. For example: Kids Klub #reasonspeoplecantread
7. I am the only member of my entire family born in Texas and I am so proud of that.
8. I knew I was going to marry Ryan on July 15, 1999. We got married almost seven years later.
9. I never knew how much you could instantly love a person until I had kids. I'm still amazed by God's gift in our capacity for love. I also never knew that I could love Ryan more until I watched him become a daddy.
10. I once travelled by Greyhound to New York City and survived one of the greatest road trips known to man. If you haven't heard my story about eating with the mafia, then just ask.
11. I didn't start wearing glasses until my junior year of high school. I definitely should never leave home without some sort of corrective lens.
12. Radley has 3 baby books and I chronicled every picture that we took of him for the first four years of his life.
13. Emersyn has 2 baby books. Most of her pics from birth to 2 are in an album.
14. Poor Landry... I still haven't ordered her book.
15. I can recite the movie Shag from start to finish as well as Steel Magnolias. I also know all the dances from Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.
16. I feel less guilty spending $100 on dinner than $100 on something practical, like shoes.
17. I still have the dress that I wore on my first date with Ryan. I'll never get rid of it. (I did however get rid of the "Doc Marten" sandals I wore!! Gotta love 1999)
18. Weddings are one of my most favorite things. Before we were married, Ryan and I attended 33 weddings together and I've been a bridesmaid 10 times.
19. I drink 4 cups of coffee every morning. I blame Rory. I also want to be someone's Lorelai.
20. I would love to write for a living.
21. I have pictures to go with most of these things, but I'm too lazy to download them.
22. I have bailed more than one person out of jail.
23. I can't wait for my kids to be old enough to go "wrapping" (or TPing).
24. I can't leave dishes in the sink. No matter how hard I try. I even dry the sink after I'm done cleaning.
25. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday!
There you go... i could have kept typing but its getting late and I'm getting sleepy! Can't wait to connect with you!