6.20.2018

{Re}introduction....

I can't believe how long it's been since I've seen this view. I haven't been consistently writing all year and I haven't even opened this space since my last post which stresses me out a little.

But honestly... this break has been rejuvenating. I got to a place where I no longer felt like I was writing for me. I was writing to meet some unwritten checklist that I had created. I started competing against myself to make sure I was blogging "enough". I abandoned something I once loved and became motivated to write to (sadly) gain attention. I was discouraged when I didn't get comments or people didn't respond. I didn't live up to some fake expectations that I created.

So I took a break.

And some days it was hard because I wanted to be here... but I couldn't really find the words. They felt forced and untrue and more than anything I want to be honest. I never want to misrepresent my thoughts and feelings.

So I'm back here, hopefully more regularly. Hopefully with stories of our day mixed with lessons I'm learning along the way.

But most importantly, committed and happy and ready to share.

Glad to have you here with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment