5.20.2013

DC: Day 2

Technically this picture is from Day 1 but since we spent Day 2 exploring Jenn's neck of the woods in Maryland, I wanted to give a face to a name. 


I met Jenn at the wedding of one of my lifelong friends way back in 2010. And by "met" I mean that Niki quickly introduced us saying that she just knew we would be great friends and then left us standing/staring at each other. We both kind of chatted and awkwardly smiled and then went about our business. Right after that I started this blog (you're welcome ;)) and as part of my summer spent wasting time  research on what makes a good blog I started reading Jenn's. 

Then I emailed her about ordering some blooms that she made. 

And then she emailed back. 

And then we both began stalking each other. 

And then texting.

And the rest is history.

We became friends just like Niki said we would. Jenn is simply amazing. She is a God-loving wife and momma, insanely creative, giving, passionate, fun, CRAFT genius, adorable homemaker, baker extraordinaire. I'll quit the love fest because hopefully you get the picture. 

She's awesome. 

Our husbands probably wanted to commit us both when we casually mentioned our plans of us staying at their house, but like good husbands do - they went along with our plan. We have never even officially held a conversation (unless texting counts) but as soon as we met it was like we had known each other forever. 

So fun! We quickly made ourselves at home, and who wouldn't in a house amazing as this: 
(Yes, Jenn... I took pics of your house)



And had the best time with them. It was like the four of us were college buddies. Jenn took Ryan and I to all of her favorite places on Friday - including "the barn" which is a once monthly antique/tchochkie place that was awesome. We ate a delicious lunch a local brew bar (ignore my hair)... 


shopped, relaxed and then headed to meet up with Davey for dinner. (Yeah, that's an Emmy. Davey won it - NBD). 





 We headed into DC to eat at their favorite Mexican place and it was delicious. The swirl margarita's didn't disappoint either. 


Then it was time for more drinks and fun conversation. 


Jenn and I kept saying "I can't believe I'm/you're here.. this is crazy." But what really got us was when we looked up and realized that these two were lost in conversation as well. 


So, Niki, you did good. A match made in heaven. How about the 6 of us plan a little weekend getaway sometime? 


1 comment:

  1. YAY! I love reading about your first BLATE (blogger date)!! They are sø so so much fun! Her house...obsessed!

    ReplyDelete