3.15.2014

InstaDoha...

Doha was more than just a trip - it was an incredible experience! Here is just a bit of that experience from my phone's point-of-view.

Starting with the food. Yum. Yummy. Yummilicious. I wanted a whole second bowl of this pasta.  


The first two days face-time worked but then all of a sudden we couldn't get a connection. Which may have been for the best because with 3 small children you never know how great that conversation is going to be. The girls were impressing me with their ability to tackle Radley. 

:)


The Souq was one of my favorite parts of the city; bustling with noise and people and anything you could possibly imagine. From dogs(!) to rabbits (!!) to fine jewelry and spices... it was all there. 


The 12th Man carries a different kind of futbol in Doha.


This is what you wear on a desert safari. 


And it was incredible!!! Those toes are in the Persian Gulf...how crazy is that?!?!



Visiting the mosque was an honor. To really be able to immerse myself into that culture was very overwhelming. I have such a better understanding of Islam and such a renewed amount of love for my own faith. I am so thankful for those 3 hours. 


Did I mention the food?




We took a Dhow tour around the harbor of Doha... reminded me of my harbor tour in NYC with Cindy. Just 1000s of miles away!


Students are good at teaching you how to take a selfie. 
;)


I may have mentioned how crazy the sport of vaulting is... but look. That's three people on a MOVING horse. He's holding her up and she's just as graceful and unaffected as can be. Amazing!


Rachel is basically a travel rock star. The students ADORED her and loved hearing her travel stories and perspective on just about everything they asked. She has so much knowledge and information stored in her brain that it's overwhelming. Seriously an ambassador and just an incredible person through and through.


Hour 13 of our 33 hours Friday.... 


And we were finally back in the good 'ol U-S-of-A!!!

Whoop!


And that's Doha in an instant!

No comments:

Post a Comment