3.07.2014

InstaKings...

I love it when life gives you things unexpectedly. Radley had his first soccer game last weekend and I noticed the girls playing with something. Emmy sat it down and I looked over to see this bracelet. These were made in memory of one of my FISH students that passed away when Landry was just 3 months old. How in the world this bracelet got to this soccer field is beyond me, but it was a great gentle reminder of how short life really is and how much of an impact we can each make in our time. 


Ryan and I decided that this was a big fat lie. No kid is that happy in a booster chair and no momma is smiling through dinner. Well, at least not in my village.


Emmy helped us fold towels the other night. She kept asking which ones should be squares and which ones should be rectangles. I think she did an excellent job!


So what do you do when you are going to be half-way around the world the week before your daughter's birthday? You decorate early!! Can you guess which color she likes?


Remember how Buddy the Elf thought he discovered the world's best cup of coffee? Well, he was wrong, because the world's best cup of coffee is at my neighbors house. Seriously, their coffee maker is amazing. I will be going every morning at 7am to get some.


Radley misses naptime. We were in the living room chatting it up, reading books and playing before bedtime and I noticed he got quiet. 7:45pm and he was out on the worlds ugliest and most comfortable chair ever.


Are you going to take this challenge with us?


As I type this, I am 8036 miles away from this crew. I know they are in the best, most loving hands there are... but I miss them tons!


No comments:

Post a Comment