7.18.2014

Last day...

Our last day in Gulf Shores started out pretty awesome, Tori had arranged for us to go scope out dolphins on a sail boat. We were clearly excited as well as unable to smile with our eyes open since you know, the sun. 


As excited as I was to go sailing, I was really sad to see our vacation come to an end. On the first day at the beach, I can remember thinking how long we were going to be there and then, without fail, it was over.  


I maybe thought of a way to get us all to move there year round during the walk down the pier and was pretty convinced it would be worth it when I saw this guy. I mean, really. 


I also checked with my Dad to make sure  he wasn't really a secret millionaire but he assured me that we weren't. 


But look at how good we would look on a sail boat. I mean, could you imagine the Christmas cards!? 



Landry wasn't as impressed with the view as we were, but she did get in an awesome rock-a-bye baby nap in style. 


Tori's mom met us at the dock and took us back to her resort, treated us to pizza and ice cream and then we DID decide to stay forever. :) 

We followed our perfect last morning up with a perfect last afternoon at the beach. 



I am so thankful for the time we had together and love all the fun memories that we were able to make. 


There is no big story; we didn't do anything glamorous, we didn't spend tons of money and we had blast.


We made memories surrounded by the people we love most in the world. 


And for five days I got to see girl have fun, be brave and build the "best princess sand castle" in the world...


I watched this really get to experience the beach, laugh every time the waves splashed her feet and smile from ear to ear as she ran back and forth from shore to sand...


and this big kid "surf", boogie board, make new friends, teach his sisters about clams, search for sea shells and LOVE every single minute of each day.


I'm already counting down the days... 









No comments:

Post a Comment