9.23.2018

We5AmeriKings 2018: Day 8


Our second day in North Carolina was perfect. Plain and simple from sun up until sun down we enjoy every single bit of the time we had in one of the most beautiful beaches we've visited. The kids made fast friends with alllllll the other kids at the beach... did I forget to mention that we met two other families there? Oh. Let me rewind...

So, you remember that we basically invited ourselves to stay at Jenn and Dave's is part of the grand scheme of getting to FINALLY beach with them. Well, that also included two other families and their kiddos for a total of TEN kids, eight parents and 1 dog. (And may I add, that Bailey is hands down the coolest dog, I've ever met.) And as crazy as it all sounded... we had the BEST time with them! Jenn was so nervous because she and Dave were the common thread of all of us, but turns out she knows how to pick friends and we all got along so well. 


And these people know how to beach! They all came prepped with their umbrellas, and chairs and beach gear. We did bring our chairs, towels, and coolers but they all were ready to beach. I'm pretty sure the high that day was 75 so it felt like winter to us. ;) 


Look at these cutie kids!! It should be noted that Gracie has a strict "no pictures" policy as seen by her expression below. HAHAHA!


This was another one of those days where my camera stayed put and my heart stayed full. I spent less than 10 minutes snapping a few "to remember" moments but really, I just soaked up the sun, the fun, and the memories of the day.


I'm not sure how many times we looked at each other and said, "I can't believe that we are here!!!" ... at least 183 for good measure. I thank God for a million little things, but I thank Him frequently for the beautiful friendships He has given me.  I get some strange looks when I talk about Jenn, we are hard to explain. Two gals that live 1000 miles apart. Met once... blogged... texted...emailed... met... but when I'm having "a day" or "a moment" or a million "moments", I can send her a message and know that she gets me. She gets it. We are similar creatures filled with a shared love of creating, loving big, living out loud, doing too much, and not regretting a moment of the crazy we created. Our husbands work long hours, but also devote themselves to our schemes... they are every bit as chill as we are stressed and it drives us equally crazy. I mean who says yes to the person that invites herself to your house with her family for a week??

The same person that would have invited herself to begin with!

:)


Days don't get much better than these...especially when you've been going non-stop for seven days. The kids loved the break in the trip and sticking their toes in a new ocean!


And because I like to torture myself, I found the pics from our Gulf Shores trip in 2014. 


Those sweet babies may not be as little, but they sure are just as sweet. 


We really just got lost in the day together. New friends with new stories... sharing old memories while creating treasured moments. At the heart of those stories will always be these four - I'd go to the depths of the ocean for them and I'm beyond grateful for His provisions in allowing us to adventure together year after year. 


A day at the beach. I'd honestly spend a million days at the beach with these peeps... funny how well you get to know someone in a fraction of a second. Thanks for letting us invite ourselves on your vacation... we had a blast!





No comments:

Post a Comment