9.25.2018

We5AmeriKings 2018: Day 10

The morning we had been dreading arrived way too soon for us. Goodbyes are kind of the worst and this one was like waking up from the perfect dream - we just didn't want any of it to end. We squeezed all of our friends extra tight... 


loaded the car and got moving. This was going to be our longest travel day and let's just say we had less than the best driving conditions. 


Exactly.


Instagram made our long days a little extra fun - we loved each and every question that people sent our way... totally recommend this as a family activity if you have a long road trip planned!



After answering questions, reading books, eating their weight in snacks and surviving the down pour... Ryan and I FINALLY let them watch a movie. 2300 miles travelled without so much as a complaint? We kinda felt like they earned that 2 hour break in the drive. 
(And I enjoyed the quiet). 


We crossed a new state off our list (spoiler alert: SC was voted least favorite welcome center on the trip)...


and then one more... 


and about 10 hours later, we arrived in ATLANTA!! We 100% lucked out and missed all major traffic and pulled directly into a primo parking spot at our destination of choice for the day. Miracles happen, people. Prior to our trip across the southeastern states, I was discussing places to eat with my friend, Gerald. He told me that we "HAD" to go to Ponce City Market when we were in the ATL and while we were all incredibly excited for dinner... 


we were even MORE EXCITED about who we were having dinner with!!! Y'ALL. 

I'm just going to pause right here and tell you that while I was clearly prepared to see my mom, dad, brother and nephew when we arrived... I was in no way prepared for how incredibly awesome it was going to feel to see them!

PRO TIP: Plan a crazy road trip. Talk your family into meeting you at some point. Make memories. 


We all scattered for dinner and sampled a little bit of everything... friend chicken, hamburgers, shrimp po boys, gyros, you name it... and we tasted it. Can't recommend this place enough... if you're in Atlanta, then make plans to spend an evening at Ponce. 

The kids donut know what they would do without their favorite big cousin Owen ... 


And I donut know what I would do without my driver, partner, ride or die companion. 


Day ten was one step closer to home... but it turns out home is just where ever I am with him. 



No comments:

Post a Comment