12.17.2018

Christmas Countdown 2018: 12, 11, 10...

I sometimes get frustrated with past Katy... making all sorts of parenting decisions without thinking of the long-term repercussions. The energy I had as a first time parent in my 20s is vastly different now that I'm approaching the big 4- 0. I'm basically waving the white flag half the time around here. 

Except when it comes to Christmas. I can't help it. I love the pomp and circumstance. The ridiculous, over-the-top celebrating, the messy traditions... all of it. And while I may take a bit longer to come up with ideas, I'm so glad that all those years ago, we started a 12 day countdown to ring in the season. 


Only 12 days until Christmas… the big day is getting near! You’re hanging with the Baileys tonight, one of your favorite nights of the year! 


For the past few years, Krista has gifted ME with a "night off." She picks up my kiddos and they feed them, entertain them and deliver them back home precisely at bedtime. I usually spend my evening in the quiet house, wrapping gifts, eating my favorite foods and drinking one glass of wine. This year was no different and while my crew was making pizzas, I was savoring every last bite of my favorite pizza, with my favorite movie, doing my favorite thing - wrapping presents. We were all in heaven!

Only 11 days until Christmas – Spread holiday cheer and wrap some gifts! 


This is a repeat item every year - we gather all the supplies for teacher gifts, wrap them up, sign the labels and get them prepped for delivery. I thought the number would go down this year since Radley started 5th grade, but my kids are GIVERS so we wrapped up their favorite snack (popcorn and m&ms) for THIRTY-FOUR teachers. 

Tis the season indeed. 

Only 10 days until Christmas – Tonight is going to be special – we know you’ll love the plan! It includes singing carols with lots of our favorite friends! And just to make sure we all sound extra sweet, we’ll start with cups of coco for a warm and cozy treat!



I could NOT wait for this surprise!! Ryan headed to HEB SUPER early Saturday morning to load up on the essentials for the evening and the kids were so dang excited about a party! Emersyn has been asking if we can have a "Christmas party" and she was extra thrilled that her wish came true. 

I made homemade hot chocolate...
(6 gallons whole milk, 2 cans sweetened condensed milk, 4 cups heavy whipping cream (separated), 2 tsp vanilla, .5 tsp. sea salt, 1 bag milk chocolate chips. Mix all ingredients in a crockpot EXCEPT for 2 cups of HWC, cook on high for 2 hours, stir, add 2 remaining cups of HWC and turn on low for 2 hours.)
... and Ryan cleared HEB out of sugar cookies and we were prepped and ready for the night!


The kids had SO.MUCH.FUN. singing carols and the best part was surprising total strangers with a little Christmas joy. They just couldn't believe that we were doing this "just because"... 


We ended at our house for treats and coco and enjoyed the company of friends while living out the joy of the season. 

The countdown continues tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment