12.09.2018

Something new...

I love traditions. I love the routine. The memories. The easiness. The sentimentality. The significance. I love the stories behind them that get told over and over again and the way they can change over the years. 

But there is also something to be said for trying something new especially when it's your kid's idea (and only major "bucket list" item of the season.)

Emersyn decided that she wanted to make Christmas cookies - REAL ones - not the break and bake kind. So I got my friend, Jenn, famous sugar cookie recipe, made some dough, set up the kitchen and let them go to work... 


I'm actually surprised with how well they turned out. The dough is DELICIOUS on it's own, but add in all that sweetness from a teeny impromptu neighborhood cookie decorating party and they were over the top, amazing!


"Everyone put your hand in there..."

#basic #stillloveit


I've come to discover that my favorite moments are the ones that I don't have pictures of... which just means I enjoyed the memory as it happened instead of after the fact. We let the kids pick the color of icing to make and then let them loose with decorating.  And y'all... I LOVE them... every single sugar overloaded cookie was just perfect!


So here's to loving the old while not being afraid to try something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment