12.19.2018

Christmas Countdown 2018: 9, 8, 7...


Our countdown continued with some of our favorite activities... 


Only 9 days until Christmas – Light 5 candles at church for people that need prayers

We don't have any pictures of this one, because not every single moment needs to be documented. But I do want to remember the family we lit a candle for. A mom and her two kids that we see every week in church - we arrived a little late on Sunday and the pews are more crowded this time of year so we couldn't find a pew that would fit all 5 of us. This momma noticed and moved back to free up space in her pew so we could sit down. I hope we always remember the simple kindness in that gesture and  instant difference it made in our day. May we all live our lives so that people light candles to bless us back. 

Only 8 days until Christmas – Game on! Let’s make breakfast for dinner and play our favorite games!

As excited as I was about brinner and board games, the night got even better when Ryan showed up at 5:45pm! Y'all - this is just crazy cakes. I mean, that's really not normal on any day but during holiday peak season?!? I was frightened. That was amazing on its own, but we also had the added bonus of Miss Elizabeth and Corey AND I made cream gravy so basically we had the best night ever!


Liz and Corey also brought Radley a belated birthday gift which was maybe the sweetest thing ever - Corey gifted him all of his old Pokemon cards and Radley was so excited! They immediately started using words that I didn't know the meaning of but I didn't really need to... I just needed to know that my kids are loved by lots of people and that's the gift to me. 


I also won the game, but that's not really important. 
;)


Only 7 days until Christmas – Tomorrow is MaMaw's birthday! Let’s go buy a special ornament to honor her!


We headed to HobLob after the evenings crazy of art and gymnastics and I got a little worried that we weren't going to find anything. At this point they have already taken most of Christmas down and what's left is broken, chipped or an emoji which is not the looking we are going for. Emersyn spotted this frame ornament and asked if we could put a picture of MaMaw inside and I think it's just perfect. 


But as we were about to leave, I spotted this angel holding a red bird. MaMaw loved red birds and we love her so the two are a perfect fit, 


Happy Birthday, MaMaw...and Merry Christmas, too!

1 comment:

  1. How many days left until Christmas? Find out how many days left until Xmas. Find out how many sleeps to go until Christmas Day. You can know how many days, hours, minutes, and seconds until Christmas.

    ReplyDelete