11.11.2011

Our last day in NYC...

Sadly we knew our trip had to end, but it really happened too soon. 

We woke up on Saturday to really chilly weather and headed out to another diner down the street from Niki and Joe's apartment. 
Ryan was pretty excited and Emmy was obviously scouring the menu to see what she wanted to order. 
:)

If at anytime you are at 55th and 8th in NYC, go to Huey's Diner. Order the grits. Thank me later. 
OMG - seriously the best grits I have ever tasted in my life. And I've tasted a lot.



Check out those early morning eyes... see the similarities? 


Radley knew exactly what he wanted... strawberry pancakes. And they were DELICIOUS!


She is pretty delicious, too! 


So after a full tummy we made the cold walk back to the park for a carriage ride. Radley had been asking every day and we thought it was a great way to start our last day in the City. This picture cracks me up. 
My hat is clearly too low.
Radley's hat is crooked.
Emmy could care less.
Ryan looks flawless. As usual. :)


After a stroll through the park we headed to Niki and Joe's NEW apartment (they are moving in December) to check out their future digs. Seriously, awesome. It's on the 3rd floor which means you can see trees outside their window. The kitchen is fabulous, the living area is large and the bedroom is gigantic by city standards. Can't wait to visit again! :)

Then we walked (I swear I should not have gained an ounce on this trip with all the walking we did) back through the park to our next stop. It was marathon weekend and so fun to witness the city prepare for this major event. 

Can you believe Ryan and I ran the whole thing pushing the kids?
We were pretty exhausted. ;)


Our next stop was a major treat! Niki is in the music biz (sorry, I forgot the company friend) and one of their artists is Laurie Berkner who is a musical genius when it comes to kids songs. Since Niki is such a big deal, we got our own "meet and greet" with Laurie. It was the kids' first celebrity sighting - and they even scored autographs.Radley had another cute moment with this one - she signed his card in a script/print combo. 

Laurie: Here ya go, Radley! This is for you. 
Radley: That's not how you make an "R"
Laurie: Oh. You are so right...I should have printed. Here, let me do it better. 
Radley: You also wrote in small letters.
Laurie: You're right. I should have used all big letters. 
Radley: That's ok.

If you have small kids you should check her out!


Our sweet hosts and the kids...

Radley and Emmy LOVED the concert. They were dancing, Radley was singing and then.... 


Even rock starts have to crash. 
:)


Our last stop for the was once again the park. 


Here is my big kid way up high on the rocks. 


He really could have made this park his home. 


Don't I have the most beautiful family? Definitely the best looking husband at the playground. 


Can you see why Radley loved it so much? 


After a quick rest/change of clothes we headed out for our last adventure... Times Square via the subway. 
Love this pic of them!


This one, too!


"LOOK! Here comes the subway!!!"



Me and my girl 
:)


The Kings take Manhattan


After a walk around we grabbed dinner to go, headed back to Niki and Joe's and just ate and laughed and didn't want our trip to end.

Thank you Niki and Joe! We had the BEST time! As soon as we got home Radley wanted to play "New York". This meant dividing  deck of cards and handing out tickets to various stops. I had to get a taxi, then a town car, then some pizza and go to the playground and see the dinosaurs. Then I had to take a carriage to the giant piano. This game is still going on. 

Guess that means we will need to head back soon! 

1 comment:

  1. What great posts and pics about your trip!! I adore NYC,and you make me want to take the kids (something I thought I wouldn't want to do until they were teenagers).

    ReplyDelete