8.13.2012

A few firsts...

First I will apologize for being a delinquent blogger. I usually get the most grief from Gigi about lack of updates but since she has been staying with us to watch Landry I *thought* I would catch a break. 

Ha. She is literally sitting next to me telling me to update my blog. 


Go figure. 

So we've had a few firsts in our house this past week. We {finally} took Landry in for her 4 month well check (almost one month late) and Dr. H told me to go ahead and start her on cereal/solids. One day I plan to do a post on the changes PARENTS go through in their parenting choices - we couldn't WAIT to feed Radley solid foods. We were also more diligent with Emmy and now, well... I almost forgot to "feed" her this weekend. 


So we were a little late getting started on "food" with Landry because honestly it is "one more thing" in our routine that I was trying to avoid. She is gaining weight, never fussy, and is a great sleeper - so why mess with a good thing? 


It also means that she is growing up. And I can't stand it. She will be our "BABY" and I am so not ready for her to not be "a" baby. 


She did pretty good for her first try. I would say a good 5% made it into her tummy on Sunday morning - the remaining 95% made it into her mouth and then she "smiled" it out onto her bib. 


After her hearty brunch she got her {first} taste in chores. She was a great vacuum buddy. She LOVES the moby wrap and I love carrying her around with me. 


The big kids were busy making more messes to clean. I love Emmy's face in this picture - she looked at me as Radley was pouring out his blocks like, "Mom! Can you believe the MESS he is making?!"


Landry's dinner attempt at cereal was a bit more successful but still pretty messy. We are going to have to speak to her about manners. Doesn't that chin look like she needs added calories to her diet? ;)


After cleaning up it was time for one last first of the weekend. The big kids were very excited to "show" her how to play with the jumperoo! She was actually big enough to touch the ground which was another first in the King household.


She. Loved. It!



Think I could be the {first} person to figure out how to make time stand still?

No comments:

Post a Comment