8.22.2012

Soccer season...

Well, it's finally here. 

Radley is old enough to play soccer. 

And RYAN could not be more excited. 

My sweet husband grew up playing soccer and I'm not really sure if he has really given up the dream that he could be an international soccer player. I hear he was pretty good and I've seen him in action a few times and was impressed with his fancy footwork. 


However, he gets that he is beyond "old" in soccer years, so his solution? To raise the NEXT great American international soccer star. The one and only Radley King... whose name may have been chosen because it sounds like a "soccer name". 


So while I was recovering from the major migraine on Monday, Ryan took Radley on his first ever soccer shopping spree.  Purchased items included:

1. Shin guards
2. Shin guard "socks"
3. Puma's (but only because they didn't have the Adidas Kopa blah blah blahs)
4. Two soccer balls
5. Adidas flops (for before and after games)
6. Socks
7. And a bag to hold it all

I did not request to look at the receipt.


Ryan went through each item and explained why it was necessary/what it did. 

Radley seemed to be paying attention. 

And Emmy decided that she wanted to play, too. 

"I cool, Mommy," as she attempted to steal Rad's shoes. 


The boy was in heaven. 



And I have to admit that these may be the cutest things I've ever seen.



We did have to remind him that you don't use your hands. 




Check out her fancy footwork. 



He is an expert at posing for pics. So if sports don't work out, there is always modeling. 


Needless to say, the fall is going to be filled with soccer practice and games. I am so excited about my official status as "soccer mom". I can already smell the orange slices (because isn't that what soccer moms bring as snacks?)

My baby is growing up and I couldn't be more proud!










No comments:

Post a Comment