8.09.2012

Tiny Tales Thursday...

Radley has always had a way with words. Never at a loss for them. Ridiculous vocabulary. Great use of inflection.

He gets it from me.

Ha may also have gotten one other thing from me as the use of the word damn (and not in reference to a cute little Beaver creating a habitat for his furry family) has made its appearance a few times over the past few weeks.

He's said it about 4 times. In context.

(and in my defense I rarely use that word...almost never have I said it front of the kids. I'm a fan of stupid and shut up but I save my "big" words for my big "kids" ie. college students).

(Gigi also never uses this word - so those that know and love her and her use of grown up words can not point fingers in her firection).

He says it was two kids at school. They will remain nameless. Rhymes with Donner and Datthew.

Last night it was used in reference to a game he was trying to defeat on Gigi's phone.

Rather a d*** game he was trying to defeat.

He lost.

And also had to eat a sandwich in his room. Alone. The only company was his tears.

It was either that or the 'ol wash-your-mouth-out-with-soap that I distinctly remember not tasting so well at the age of 8. and 10. And maybe 15.

He is very lucky that I am for some unknown reason without much of a voice. No yelling took place. 

Hopefully his lesson was learned.

Especially because silent laughing with a congested sinus cavity was pretty hard.



2 comments:

  1. I gave myself the mommy of the year award the other day when I heard Miles tell Max "we have to clean up this crap!" oops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad he did not hear it from a kid whose name rhymes with Dustus. It would be entirely possible, although unlikely. We've had a moment or two of corrective vocabulary parenting for the same word. That I do use. In front of the kids. On occasion. :-/

    ReplyDelete