8.26.2014

I declare a holiday...

We celebrated one of the best days of the year yesterday... THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! I think it should be a national holiday simply because it's so much fun. Of course, then we wouldn't actually attend school because it would be closed, but you get the idea. I probably liked 1050 pictures on FB because oh my word, the cute!

And not that I am biased at all, but THIS cuteness... well it's downright unbearable. 


(I know I am going to get a hundred emails asking me how I get my plants so lush on my porch so I'll go ahead and tell you now. The fern is fake. The hydrangea survived 7 months (a new record) but it didn't get that amazing brown crunch until last week when I forgot to water it.) 

Y'all. First grade. He wears a 13.5 in shoes. That's 2.5 sizes smaller than my foot. He also is the most handsome first grader I have ever laid eyes on and has hammerhead sharks on his shorts. 


Y'all. Pre-K. She wears a size 2T in basically everything and is 4 years old. She is also the most adorable Pre-Ker I have ever laid eyes on and can rock a side pony better than Cyndi Lauper. 


Y'all. Promises. (She didn't get a sign... I like to make them look forward to something). (Or didn't think to have her hold a sign). (You pick). She wears a 2T in practically everything and is 2 years old. She is also the most precious Promises kid I have ever laid eyes on and is obsessed wearing piggies.


We were out the door by 7:15am to beat the first day of school traffic and made our way for our first drop off at College Hills. Doesn't his school have the best sign? 


This one is from the original school that was built over 50 years ago... we have 7 more years of first day pics in this hallway!


He got settled in and it was time for one last goodbye. Landry and Emmy couldn't stop planting kisses on him and he was only slightly annoyed, so I call it a win. I praise the moments when they actually act as if they like each other instead of only liking to annoy each other. 


They liked him so much that they didn't want to leave. 


We loaded them back in the car and made our way to WDS for the girls "first day" drop off. They each moved into new classes and I am so excited about this year. I adore all the teachers and know that the girls are going to do great. I will let you guess which one was really excited to be THE big kids on campus and which one wasn't too impressed with the idea. 


After I grabbed a donut from the parent plate and handed it to Landry, she was more than ready to tell me bye (the other kids weren't too impressed that she got a donut, but well, their parents clearly aren't into bribery like me). 

Then I hugged Emmy and gave her one more "bubble kiss" and was out the door. I **think** she was in capable hands. She LOVES this group of teachers (and well, they may or may not have let me know how excited they were for her to be in their class 10000 times by now).


So our back to school holiday was a success and I am so ready to watch them all do great things this year! 


No comments:

Post a Comment