8.18.2014

King of Tris...

So August has been crazy, busy for us. I have only taken 50 pictures with my camera this entire month. Y'all - that's crazy talk. BUT, you know what... I kind of love that I have been living these moments and not just photographing them! 

But, we had a pretty big event a few weekends ago that needs to be documented. Ryan competed in (and kicked booty, too) his first sprint triathlon. And his biggest fans were ready to cheer him on!!! 


He has set a goal to compete in an Ironman (crazy talk) so this is the first step in getting there. And since it was all of our first times, we were a little unsure of when to arrive to our spot to watch him pass us on his bike. We got there a **tad** bit early... 


and waited... 


and waited... 


and waited... 


and exercised... 


and laughed... 


and then he finally arrived! (Turns out he was competitor #139 out of #240... so he was in the last half to start. Yeah, that's an hour with 3 kids, in a hot parking lot, and nothing to entertain them. But it was all worth it when this guy rode by... 


We hopped in the car and drove to finish line to watch Daddy check something off that bucket list!


You could tell his pace got a bit quicker when he saw those 3!


And he crossed that finish line with a smile!


And Landry didn't even mind that he was all sweaty and stinky. This moment was the best one of that day. I think it's an image of fatherhood in general for Ryan... no matter how hot, tired, hungry and overworked he is... he is always willing to carry our kids, to lift them up both physically and figuratively and I love watching his strength in parenting come to life. 


I mean, how does he look that good after finishing a race? I would be a hot mess!


We are proud of you, Ryan and we are happy to keep cheering you on throughout the journey ahead!


Who knows, maybe next year I'll have a medal around my neck, too!



No comments:

Post a Comment