2.22.2015

FISHteen Years...

Fifteen years ago, I was a college senior. I was thinking about going to graduate school to get a degree in higher education, and I was so excited about what that may mean. I was not at all prepared for that what that actually was. 


What the next 15 years brought me was the ability to witness a passion to serve, 



a commitment to lead, 


the will to grow and change, 



and not just in my students. 


I could have never imagined the change I would see in myself by being surrounded by these great students turned lifelong friends. 



I have been able to celebrate success, share in disappointment, witness failure, encourage learning, applaud greatness and serve right along side them.


No one loves their job 100% of the time - it's impossible. The bureaucracy, the politics, the fact that you have to wake up and go to work... something always to do or say or report. But, I without a doubt, have loved what I do every single day. 


Because of a million tiny things. 


But mostly because of the people that I get to do it with.



No comments:

Post a Comment