2.24.2015

Happy birthday, Gigi...

We had the best time celebrating Gigi's birthday this weekend! She actually came to town on Thursday to help with school pick up, dance practice and morning drop off while I was in Dallas for work and while that's worth celebrating in itself, the real party began on Sunday morning with some hot pancakes!

(The only thing that would have made this weekend better is if I would take a clear picture. I should really quit trying to use the manual setting.)


Followed up by some brownie making. 



We had a slow and easy afternoon and headed out for an earlyish dinner. 




It was just what she wanted, which means it was just what we all wanted. A moment to celebrate her and all that she has done, seen, accomplished and loved over the past 65 years. 



And I couldn't have thought of a better way to do that than collect thoughts, sentiments, wishes and words from people throughout all walks of her life - family, friends, former teachers, and the cutest grandkids around. And when she realized what it was, well, I hope she finally understood how many people have felt loved, accepted and encouraged by her. 


And I wasn't surprised by the words that were shared....

You welcomed me like I was one of your own children, and you've been doing that ever since. 
Throughout my years in the classroom there were few mothers I enjoyed working with more than your mom.
I have never had the honor of meeting anyone who is more loving, giving and thoughtful than she is.
One of the things I admire most about you is your thoughtfulness.
Thank you for sharing your family's love with our family.  
Every time I have been around you and your family since then you have made me feel so welcome and as if I was a member of the family.
You saw ability inside of me and assured me that I was doing the right thing.
You have been and will continue to be one of the most inspiring ladies I have ever know and I love you dearly!


How lucky am I that those words are written to my mom. 


That so many people have been graced by her goodness and care, support and love.


That for 35 of her 65 years, I've had the honor and privilege to love her back.


Hope you had a great birthday, Mom! We love you!



2 comments:

  1. What a super sweet daughter you are! My mom will turn 70 this year and I have always wanted to do something like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun and not to hard to put together. I of course used my bestie, pic monkey to make the cards!

      Delete