12.10.2017

Photo finish...

After a night of celebrating friends, watching Harry Potter and playing lots of make believe - we had a full morning that included an official race for these three big kids. I have never in my life run an official long-distance race. These three are 10 and have run 4 or 5 each!


They've all known each other since they were babies. Caro and Radley see each other all the time but Davis lives in Franklin so when they get to see him it's a big celebration. I love that they can all pick up right where they leave off. They were getting in "race mode" while the little kids took off. 


And Emersyn opted for being live entertainment over running a mile. 


Landry ran... away from me... so she earned a spot right next to me on the grass while the first heat finished up. 


Kelly finished strong and probably beat whatever time I would have had!



Then these big kids lined up.

True story: I forgot that Caroline wasn't 10 yet so as we were pulling up, I got worried that we were going to miss her "heat". I told her that it would be fine and she could just run with the 10 year olds. Turns out the nine year olds were part of the "big kids" heat.

Caro: Zia?
Me: Yes...
Caro: Do I have to run with the big kids?
Me: Well, probably since that's your age bracket.
Caro: Man... I was really looking forward to beating all those little kids!



Davis was the first one to come around the corner - I think he finished under 9 minutes. 


Then we saw Radley and out of nowhere, Caro was right next to him... they both took off as fast as they could determined not to lose to the other. I'm honestly glad that I was behind them because I couldn't tell who finished first. 


They were both so proud of how hard they sprinted at the end. I took that as an opportunity to quote Coach Munson... "well, that just means you didn't run hard enough the entire time..."

Josh should be proud. 



Also none of them were out of breath and I'm not even sure how that's possible. I'm tired just typing this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment