1.16.2018

Change...

I sat down today to play catch-up on this neglected space but my darling computer had other plans as noted by the blue screen and inability to upload any pictures. My laptop seems as tired as I do these days. 

Instead, I'll take the next too-many-words to talk about my word for the year.

Change.

2018 is going to bring about change for We5Kings. Specifically, me... but if I change then essentially the whole family changes because, well, #mompower.

Big changes. Little changes. A few changes. Lots of changes.... who knows? That much I haven't really figured out. Here's what I have thought about...

I am going to change the way I treat myself. Plain and simple. We are all our own harshest critics, right? Well... sometimes I am the WORST at comparing myself to... MYSELF. So I'm going to change that.

I am going to change the way I use my time. Too much of my free time has turned into brainlessly scanning social media, getting caught up in the most grandiose headline, or going down a rabbit hole of videos. What a waste of brain power.  I'm setting some reading goals, some family goals and some quiet time goals that will serve me much better in the long run.

I am going to change the way I spend. Let's see what happens when I stick to the ACTUAL list. When I just say no to the cute valentine shirt that the kids clearly don't need and quit making excuses for that drive thru drink. Maybe we'll be rich... or maybe just less poor. HA!

I am going to change the way I communicate. Less behind a screen. More in person or in writing or on the phone. Whoa. That's crazy talk.

And the list will continue... change can be scary and hard. Change means no longer doing something that you've done before. Change means taking a chance... who knows what else change we will do... but I'm excited to find out!




No comments:

Post a Comment