2.23.2018

InstaKings...

We have been a literal hot mess around here. Bed ridden with fevers and snotty noses but we have managed to have some fun in between. So here is a glimpse of us through my phone... 


Emmy may look more like Ryan than me, but there is no denying she's mine as evidenced by her love for a good to do list... 



or should I say a "what do list". And she managed to check each and every item off. 


The kids earned tickets to an Aggie basketball game by reaching a reading goal so the girls and I made our way to Reed Arena to watch the Lady Aggies play.


We ate some popcorn, sucked down some soda, distracted the away team and had the best time ever!


Sometimes the day just calls for a soft serve from McDonalds... sadly the day also called for a different recipe and I'm not a fan. 


Landry wore vintage Katy to school... I have a similar picture of Emmy, I'm just too lazy to go look for it. I'm pretty sure my mom and our neighbor ironed this on for me eons ago and it's still just the cutest. 


I’m so glad that younger, more creative, me thought to make these mailboxes with the kids years ago. They do a great job holding the stuff that Gigi sends for Valentines and the last minute H-E-B purchases we get like chips and micro kites. (Yes, they are a thing and they cost $2 and will last 2 minutes).


Poor Emersyn missed out on the Valentine festivities but did earn herself a trip to the doctor for the second time in three days with a fever that just wouldn't go away.


We happened to run into Hope who was suffering from the same ailment - who could believe these two precious smiling kiddos tested positive for flu?

BOO.


I was leaving for a work trip the next day but not before Holly and Shelly delivered some love in my mailbox. Shelly told me I didn't have to share the tart, but I was nice and let Ryan have the strawberries. ;)  


I was leaving for a work trip on Thursday morning and Johnny decided he was just going to miss me too much to let me go. 


I get to do some pretty amazing things with my job but one of my absolute favorites is working with our graduate students as they enter this crazy field of student affairs. They always end up teaching me way more than I teach them but I have the best memories with these up and coming professionals. 


Teresa lead our team of students in the planning of an awesome conference in Dallas that allowed us to visit awesome companies and hear from thoughtful speakers and it made being away from home a little bit easier.


That and knowing that this sweet girl was being well taken care of by her Daddy. 


Three days with this crew wasn't enough - I tried to talk them into throwing together another conference or staying to plan it again next year but something about graduation, internships, study abroad and jobs keeps getting in the way. 


By Sunday morning, Emersyn was FINALLY fever free - that was SIX full days of a fever and I was so glad to see that smile back on her face and that sparkle back in her eye.


And then... 


MOM DOWN! I capped out a 103 on Monday evening and I have been home in my bed acting like a total adult ever since. You know, whining, shivering, coughing and making Ryan bring me soup. 


That just so happened to be hand delivered by the most thoughtful person in the entire world. 


I'm on the mend, praise the Lord, so let's just pray that next week We5Kings stay fever free!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment