3.26.2018

Big XII...


Twelve years ago these two CHILDREN got dressed up, walked down the aisle, repeated some pretty important words, ate delicious food, danced with friends, hugged our parents and started our forever. 


Twelve years pales in comparison to my parents near 50 year story, but it's still a pretty long time! In that time we've created a family, buried love ones, survived hard days, hard jobs and hard parenting moments... we've cried a little, laughed a lot and loved through everything in between. 

Our life is nothing like I imagined and pretty much everything I could hope for. It's messy and loud and imperfect and weird and chaotic and random and just such a delight. We have done exactly zero things with perfection. We text angry words and eye rolling emojis. (Ok, maybe that's just me). We say I'm sorry a lot. And we try really hard not to laugh in the middle of an argument. 

We learn as we go. 

And we celebrated by hopping in the car for an amazing weekend getaway day trip to Ikea and Trader Joe's. 


My parents gave us an entire free day of babysitting and even took the kids to Saturday mass so we could head out on a real date when we returned. 


We are 18 years older than the first time we celebrated an occasion here, and in all those years together including 12 years of  marriage there is no one on the entire planet that I'd rather send an angry emoji to than you. 



Thanks for letting me eat off your plate, drink all your beer, and steal your socks. Thanks for always getting me a glass of water and turning off the lights even when I'm the last one to bed. I love you. 

Here's to many more big years ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment