3.30.2011

Going green...

We finally got around to planting the flowers we purchased on Saturday! I don't know what motivated me more... not wanting to see the poor fellas die before we even got them in pots or Radley's repeated requests of planting them. 


We have had gorgeous weather for a week or so and wouldn't you know that tonight a cold front (read: 60 degree weather) hit! So I did what all good Moms do; throw some blankets on my almost 10 month old and sit her in a stroller while Radley and I got to work. 

Neither one of them seemed to mind.


Radley went to town on this whole project. For a second, I had visions of him hosting his own show on HGTV. What a beautiful home he would purchase for me himself with all that money! 


He helped me pick which flowers should go in each pot and loved all the spiders and ants and other random little bugs that we would find. Which meant that I was forced to "love" them, too. 


"This is how they grow, Mommy. You have to cover the dirt."

How did he get so smart?


We finally finished as the last bit of sunlight was hidden behind our trees. Luckily Ryan arrived home before this to bathe Emmy and put her to bed. These quiet moments with my little guy are so few and far between and I cherish them so much. 

I love listening to the songs he creates and the stories he tells. His vivid imagination grows as fast as he does... each day becoming more detailed. I could sit and listen to his voice for hours. 


After all that planting we cleaned up our mess and picked the perfect spot for each set. 

I love this bakers rack that was my mommas. I think Ryan keeps wishing I would get sick of it, but I will keep it forever. Isn't it just so quaint?


This watering can and basin were at MaMaw and PaPaws. I look forward to my new set of petunias each year. They stand out so great to the stark white and fit in perfectly with the rusty edges. 




 One of my favorite parts of the year is watching our backyard "come to life". I am so motivated in March and April to nurture it and watch it grow... but somehow around June and July the heat wins. Maybe this year I'll stick with it better! We have big plans for our "Big Back Yard"... 

Stay tuned... 

No comments:

Post a Comment