9.28.2011

Baby FAQs...

So since we have shared our fun news we have gotten a lot of the same questions and since I have the inkling that baby booking and pg documenting may not be as detailed as with Radley and then Emmy... here is my attempt at remembering the little things:

Was this planned? 

Well, if by "this" you mean having a 3rd baby - then yes...and no. :) I have "always" known that I wanted three kids. I am 1 of 3 and love it - it's a good number. My brothers are awesome and we had fun growing up together. I wanted my children to have friends for life that they could rely on no matter what. Ryan is on only child, so his desires for family numbers are slightly larger than mine (he would be thrilled with 4 or 5) but my response is always, "we should've started when I was younger". :) So yes - we knew we wanted another baby/child.

The no part comes in with the closeness of age between Emmy and wee one/daisy/tinker bell (more on those later). While we also knew that having Emmy/#3 closer in age than Rad/Emm was a "plan" - we weren't really expecting this. Long story short: A year of nursing/birth control makes ones cycle non existent. And, well... God's plan is much more divine than ours!

What was your reaction/when did you "know"?

Well, after 6 negative home pregnancy tests, 1 negative doctor's office pregnancy test and 1 prescription to "jump start" my cycle - I would say that we were surprised. I did have a "feeling" so I didn't take said prescribed medication and instead took 2 more home pg tests and 1 blood test at the doctors - all of which then showed up positive.

Two weeks later, I basically had a cycle - so was then scared/confused/sad/freaked out.

One week later, we had our first appointment and had NO IDEA what we would/would not see on that little screen. Low and behold we saw a miracle - a beating heart - and learned that we were NINE not six weeks along. So then we were shocked! :)

Once again... God's plan is divine!

Who did you tell first?

My mom, GiGi, was the first to hear of the news. Followed by Pops, followed by... Sarah Giles our lovely and talented photographer! Then it was siblings, besties, close friends and family, work and the world (FB/blog). THEN... it was Radley and Emmy. And while it may sound weird to tell the future siblings "last" we didn't want Rad's excitement (or lack their of) to get out.

So what were Radley and Emersyn's reactions?

Emmy continued eating her nilla wafers and smiled and clapped.
Radley cried. Like in a "I don't want another baby" cry. "I only need one baby." "I love Emmy." It was funny/cute/no real cause for concern.

We got it on film in case you were wondering.

The extra cute part happened when after bath time - hours later after hearing the "good" news - he comes running into where I was and says, "Mommy!!! Guess what! I want TWO babies now!! Emmy and the new baby! But that's it."


When is the due date?

March 15 (which means if this baby follows the same pattern as big brother and sister, baby will arrive around March 4)

When will you find out the gender?

Well, we haven't decided IF we will find out the gender.  When we found out Emmy was a girl, we said that when we have a 3rd baby we won't need to find out. But, since that is actually real, it's a tougher decision. Ryan really wants to be surprised and I also think it would be tons of fun, so we will see!!!

Do you have names picked out? 

We have started discussing names but nothing in depth. We know that no matter the gender, the first name will be a family name and the middle name will be what baby goes by. So... start throwing some fun ideas our way. We realized when we named Emersyn that all of our names now have a "y" in them... so, we will try to stick with that pattern as well.

For now, we have nicknamed the baby lots of things. :)

Daisy - as in oopsa ... but I don't know if that is very nice. And then Radley asked if he could help name the baby and has come up with the following: GiGi (so creative), Emmy (again), Anna (which is a Munson girl), Rose, and Tink/Tinker Bell.

I think that's about all of the questions we have consistently received! Feeling extremely blessed and eternally thankful!


No comments:

Post a Comment