9.22.2011

Tiny Tales Thursday...

Last night I got a glimpse of what a "little man" Radley actually is. We had a fun evening playing, reading books, going to the park, taking baths, etc. It was close to his bedtime and he asked if he could watch one Spiderman cartoon (thank you, Ryan for the introduction of these into our lives).

We told him yes so he cuddles up on the couch with the iPad and is happy and content. Ryan and I begin folding a load of laundry - all is good. Until...

I get up to put the kids' towels away and trip over the laundry basket. I proceed to fall down and grab my foot because, well, it hurts. I am convinced I am bleeding and don't want to look.

Ryan, being my husband (and somewhat smart) jumps up to make sure I am ok.

Radley, being a "little man", does not FLINCH. Does not MOVE. Does not even seem to notice that Mommy has fallen and is "hurt". Now, if that would have been HIM falling and we didn't move - oh my goodness, would he be crying up a storm.

Turns out I was bleeding, my toe nail will more than likely fall off and my pain is justified. Radley - still no concern. Ryan, goes to get some peroxide and I look at Radley ...

Me: Hey, buddy...aren't you going to see if Mommy is ok?
Radley: Looks up from Spiderman...doesn't move
Me: Radley...
Radley: Looks up again, sighs, pauses movie and jumps down from couch. Gently pats my shoulder...I'm sorry you're hurt Mommy. Do you need a band aid?
Me: That would be lovely, buddy.
Radley: Ok, then can I finish Spiderman?

Such a man. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment