4.10.2012

Happy Monthday...

Emersyn King... you are TWENTY TWO MONTHS OLD!!


What have you been up to lately?


Over night you grew, or so it seems. Once you became a big sister you just seem so big to your Dad and me. But you are still our petite princess. You haven't quite hit 30 inches and I think you may weigh about 24 pounds at the most. The "shirt" you are wearing is actually a 9 month dress that I paired with leggings (that are also made for a 9 month old). 

You wear any size clothing - seriously. I have outfits that you wore last summer that still fit you. All of your shorts are 12 month and most of your clothes top off at 18 month. You do have a few 24 month items but they are kinda big. You could technically still fit into a size 3-4 shoe, but since those are mostly made for non-walkers we put you in a 5. 

You have been working on getting your molars in so lots of things end up in your mouth these days. Poor thing - I hope they pop through soon. And your hair has gone crazy - it is getting so long! We love it!


You still LOVE your brother - he is your favorite toy. You now wrestle with him and chase him and know just how to annoy him like any good sister. 

And, obviously Landry is your bestie. You wake up asking for her and love to hold her and kiss her. If she is crying you find a paci or a blanket and you gently pat her and "sh sh sh sh" her back to sleep. 


Your vocabulary is expanding tons. My favorite thing to hear you say now is "thank you"... it is just adorable. You are so polite. ;) Each night after family prayers we ask you what you are thankful for and in order you say, "books, Radley, Daddy, Mommy, Landry" and then will add "GiGi, Pop, Pete, and Bok" on occasion. 

You have discovered TV, your favorite being "MICKEY MOOOUUUSEEE" - you squeal his name, you can't just say it. I will have to record it because it is hysterical. 

You also love the word, "No!" You point to us like you are the head of a mob gang and hold your finger there until we "surrender" to your cuteness. I know we shouldn't laugh at you, but well, it's hard not to. 

Your love for books has paid off as well as the repeated reading of your favorite five - you can recite them all so maybe I'm off the hook for reading them. ;) You have started to show interest in seek and find books and will actually sit still enough to find the pictures. 



You can entertain yourself for extended periods of time. You don't always have to be at the center of attention (unlike an adorable 4 year old I know) and make up little games for yourself to play. But you still love to be cuddled and carried which is pretty darn sweet, too. 

You are very into your baby dolls and blankets. You have turned wash cloths into blankets and are very territorial of them, too. You will share them with Landry when she is upset, but that's about it. You still love dress up and it doesn't surprise me to see you march out of your room in your Cinderella heels lugging a baby with pearls around your neck. 

But as girly as you are - you love to play in the dirt and get messy. You are fearless and will try anything. When Radley was putting on a gymnastics show the other night you decided that you could also do a front roll, so you just did it, like you had always known how. 


I always forget to include something new you have done in these updates, but one thing I can't forget is to say how much joy you bring to our lives. You are just JOY. In all that you do. Your laugh, your tiny attitude, your determination. My heart is swelling as I type this. I love every little tiny thing about you and can't believe that they next time I write your update it will be for your TWO year birthday. 

My sweet girl, I love you so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment