4.18.2012

Impulse buying...

Maternity leave is a huge blessing that gives me the opportunity to stay at home and enjoy one on one time with the new baby. I've been lucky to be able to take 12 weeks with each kid and I get sad thinking about that time ending. 

BUT, as much as I love this quiet time with the precious tiny humans, I also get a little stir crazy staying inside. As a remedy, I have created a routine (I know, you're shocked, right?)  for our weeks that usually involves at least one outing each day. Except for Mondays - those are our pj days. :)

We go for walks, meet up with friends, buy groceries, get our toes done, etc. We also venture into Target and Hobby Lobby quite.a.bit. I try to stay clear of Target unless I actually have items to purchase because I know it will lead into a basket filled with stuff. I am kind of an impulse buyer but if I have a list I can stay on task. I'm pretty sure I really could quit my job if I just never went inside Target, but then what would I do with all that "free" time, right? ;) Ha! 

Well, the other day I went into Target, list in hand and did pretty good. I only came out with one impulse buy and I am so glad that I did.

Check out this super fun bath tub I got for $9!


It is awesome. It folds up for the sink and then lays completely flat so you can hang it up to dry. All you soon to be mommy's out there should get one. It makes bathing Landry so much easier. Definitely an impulse buy that was worth it. 


I also ventured into HobLob the other day and walked away with 8 of these...

Sorry about that giant shadow. I took this picture at night.

I don't need them at all. But at $.75 each I couldn't resist. They are place card holders (there is a clip on the back). I am sure that they will get used sooner than later and they are small so storage is no problem. :)

So yes, maternity leave is a giant blessing. I just wish I would be more impulsive about things like running instead of shopping. 

I'm sure Ryan does, too. 

1 comment:

  1. I have the same bathtub for D, but I could never get it to work in our sinks very well. So, if you decide you want another one, I think I still have it. It's all yours.

    ReplyDelete