4.23.2012

Here...

April 21st is a special day in Aggieland. Not only is it San Jacinto Day but it's also the day that we take the time to remember our fallen Aggies with the celebration of Muster.  Muster is one of the many things that sets Texas A&M a part from any other university. It is a day to remember. A day to reflect. A day to honor. A day to celebrate. It is a day that my Aggie ring shines a little bit brighter.  And it's a day that makes me really want our kids follow in our footsteps and become Aggies, too. 
(but their college choice is up to them...as long as its not Texas Tech. Or maybe Baylor :).)


Well, to make this Muster even more special, it is a day that I have been looking forward to for the past three years. It was the rededication ceremony of our student union, the Memorial Student Center. The MSC is more than just a building, yes...but the "building" part of that name has been closed for three years and it is so incredible AWESOME to see it and how absolutely gorgeous it is! The life that our students will breathe into this building is amazing to witness. It is one of the most treasured traditions on our campus and its our "home" is back open. 

We had a great day on campus walking around enjoying the weather and hanging out with some of my favorites. :) These five people are who I spend time with when I'm away from my family. They are my long nights, grueling days, aha moments, inside jokes and incredible success stories that make all that time away from my family worth it. 


I pray that Radley, Emersyn and Landry grow up to become as driven, dedicated, passionate, giving and selfless as Mike, Collin, Liz, Jessica and Tyler (and many others) are. I really do have a great job!
  

Muster has two parts. One is to remember our fallen. The other is to remember our days. It is said that if there is any Aggie within 100 miles together they should get together eat a little, {drink a little} and remember their Aggie days. 


Lucky for us, there are Aggies all around. Even better...they are the ones we spent our student days with, too. 


Even better, they enjoy a good beer. 
;)


Being an Aggie is one of the best things that has happened to me. It gave me so much more than an education. It gave me a calling. It brought me friends that are now my family. It made me who I am today.
I thankful for every day I had as a student and the many more that I have had since. 

As we sit and remember, as we say "here" for our fallen like Troy Brown, I know that a day in the future someone will be saying "here" for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment