7.09.2012

Working on the weekend...

We had another "free" weekend and it was pretty much fabulous. I'm liking this time spent with my sweet little family. Saturday was kind of a day where we did nothing, except maybe laundry. Sunday we went to church and then I took the girls to the grocery store while the boys stayed at home and moved rocks. Lots and lots of rocks. 

(I love that we now have "the girls" - I see lots of shopping trips in our future). 

Once we got home Emmy decided she wanted to "help, tew" 
(it's so hard to spell like a 2 year old talks) so me and Landry finished laundry and cleaned house. 


She's entering the "put everything in my mouth phase". This one may actually get teeth before she's 10 months old like her siblings. 



After a quick break for lunch it was back to work... 


This is Emmy helping. 
(and yes - she is not wearing shorts. Pottying is serious business. We had ZERO accidents on Sunday). 


Rocks are heavy. 


But hauling them in a pink wagon makes it super fun. 
(and please do not judge the dying tomato plant and empty flower pot - it's hot in Texas y'all!)


As they were finishing all that work, Radley ran inside and insisted that I get my camera and take a picture of this... 


I guess it's better than a snake! 
:)

The finished play area... 


Now we just need a tree house, table and chairs. 


Emmy thought Daddy deserved some pampering after that hard day of work. 


Another weekend down. Another moment to be thankful for these simple moments. 


No comments:

Post a Comment