4.23.2014

An "egg"cellent weekend...

After our neighborhood egg hunt, we walked home and met the Acostas for some cascarone making! This is fun family tradition they have and they were sweet enough to share it with us.


The kids had a lot of fun picking the colors they wanted to dye their eggs and ever-so-gently THROWING them in the cups. 



And they even did an ok job waiting. 

(And yes, I am the mom that buys brown eggs... they still looked pretty!)


Then it was time for lunch while all the dye dried.


We attempted to let them help us fill them with confetti but that may have to wait a few more years. Radley did ok, but the littles...notsomuch. Instead they got to run around outside with Ryan while Amber and I finished up! How cute are these!??


On Saturday we took a little break from gardening for a confetti war... 



we all took our places.... 


And it was every mom, dad and sibling for themselves!


Yes, she dressed herself.


I look a little too evil in this one, but I got him good!


My favorite part was watching Radley and Emmy let Landry crack eggs on their heads. 


And when they sabotaged Ryan, of course. 


So naturally after all of that egg-cracking fun, we had to dye our family Easter eggs. 


After seeing some other mommas do the outside egg dying tactic, I decided to follow suit and I must admit, it was pretty ingenious. Less mess and easy clean up.


This is one of those activities that I remember as a kid. I remember us sitting at our kitchen bar all making our own creations and having fun and laughing and talking. I do not remember giant messes and spilled dye and loud sighs from Jody and Jeremy when I messed up their creations. 


I don't remember Mom worrying about dyed fingers. Or hair. Or teeth. Or clothes. I just remember the fun.


And I am pretty sure that's what they will remember too!



No comments:

Post a Comment