11.26.2014

Pre Turkey Day Fun...

We have had the most beautiful week of weather so Rad and I decided to pick the girls up early and enjoy an afternoon outside. 


Some of my favorite moments are spent in the driveway watching them play and laugh and find the silliest things to explore. I feel like I am going to watch them grow up one courageous act at a time. From sitting to standing on a scooter to soaring in circles around each other - I age about 5 years but I smile seeing how proud they are.


Merry likes to join in on the fun too and may be the bravest of all as he sits in the driveway and they scoot and run circles around him.  


They also pause to make silly faces here and there.




After all the play it was time to work. First up was Emmy's favorite dish - the sweet potatoes. They helped peel off the skins and get them ready to be smashed.


And they took the job very seriously.


Later it was time to assemble dessert...


I'm surprised by how much was left for the rest of us to eat!


And if you ask me, it's because they are sweet enough already without that extra sugar.


Thankful, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment