11.28.2014

Thanks giving...

I have a confession.

I decorated for Christmas before Thanksgiving. I know, I know...such a no-no. But I couldn't help myself and well, I'm actually kind of relieved we decided to go for it, because now it's done and check out our view for Thanksgiving. 


Thanksgiving has been my favorite holiday as long as I can remember. I think it started with my love for my momma's stuffing, all the rounds of hide and seek we played at the Crosslin's and the copious amount of cool whip pie we consumed in between. 


I now love it for the simplicity of what is described in it's name.


Thanks giving. 


A day that we gather in fellowship with friends and family in one slowed-down moment of thanks. A day when we say out loud what brings us joy. A day of gratitude and reflection on our abundance of gifts - big and small.


And maybe a little food is involved, too.

;)


A day we share with our family of friends, we welcome people in, we sit around a shared table and we fill the silence with laughter, and stories and hopes for continued goodness as one year winds down and another begins.



Thanks giving. May all of what you are thankful continue to bless you and yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment