12.07.2014

High-flying fun...

We had the best weekend kicked off by the cutest birthday party ever. Sweet baby Kyle turned two and my how the time has flown by! The party theme was airplanes and Krista and Will thought of everything from styrofoam planes the kids could decorate...


cardboard planes they could race in...


and a darling pin the propellor on the plane game/backdrop. And if that wasn't enough, Will made a plane frame that fit onto our electric jeep car that the kids could fly. Y'all - amazing. I hate that I didn't take a picture... they were just zooming too fast.

;)


Seriously brings me so much joy to watch these kids grow up. Kyle rounds our group out and what a blessing he is!


After some too-short naps we all jumped back into the car and headed up to Christmas at the Creek. Landry was clearly thrilled. 


Emmy felt so bad for her grumpiness that she picked her up to hug her. 

It did not work.


We were all anxiously awaiting the main event...


Two of the Hot Messes were making their Christmas program debut. 

(Caro far right, Anna smack dab in the middle).


After their award-winning performance we sat and watched a few more dancers and Cindy saw this. 

Y'all - I can't even tell you how cute they are.


And we clearly couldn't pass up this greatness. 

Kayla, Radley (who told me he didn't want to wear a Christmas shirt and then proceeded to look 12 for the rest of the day), Caroline, Annaliese, Emersyn, Millicent, Landry and Kyle. 


And then I put my camera away, enjoyed the day and relished in the greatness of time with friends that are my family. How I wish all seasons gave us excuses to make no plans other than to plan to be together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment