12.10.2014

Up on the rooftop jingle bells while away in a manger...

Last night was the annual Christmas program at the Weekday School and Miss Emersyn was making her final entrance - I almost teared up but I held it together. (I still can't believe that she is going to be in kindergarten next year.)


On the other hand, this one was making her debut performance. 


We managed to talk the teachers into letting Landry and Millicent stand next to each other to make the picture taking easier.



For a group of 2-3 year olds they did a pretty great job facing forward, ringing bells, smiling, and standing somewhat still while also trying to sing songs in a way that we could all understand. 


Even the freshly minted two-year-olds. 



The real stars of this act may have been the teachers who kept them all in line. 


Although they miraculously needed no help ringing the jingle bells. 


Next up was the big kids and I couldn't help but think that three short years ago she was this tiny toddler on that stage for the first time - surprising us with her excitement and then ending in tears because she spun a **little** to hard on the stage. 


(I would like to note that tights were packed for her to wear but they somehow didn't make it on. Ok, I feel better now.)

She has been singing these songs for weeks - so excited to put on a "REAL show, Mom!" instead of her pretend ones in the living room. 


The entire crew did a fantastic job and I was so proud of her. 


I mean, she nailed the hand motions.

:)


I know it's just a 10 minute show at pre-school, but it makes me think about all the shows that are to come and all the things they will be proud to show us.


And as much as I love the right now - I sometimes can't wait for what's next. 


No comments:

Post a Comment