5.11.2010

The royal treatment...





I've already decided that naming each post within the theme of the title of this blog is going to get very old very fast... consider this your public service announcement for the day!

Today this working mom took a break, and by break I mean I stayed at home with the Radster because he was a little under the weather. He just wasn't acting himself last night and Ryan and I just figured that it was due to the fact that he got to stay up way past his bedtime on Sunday. Well, it turns out he is actually sick... certified by our pediatrician.

It NEVER fails... on the way to the doctor's office he is chatty and fine and then the moment we set foot in that seat his temperature spikes (today to 102) and he becomes tired and clingy. Clearly I am Mom of the Y
ear!

The little prince is really tuckered out and has indeed received the royal treatment all day... cereal bars, chocolate shake, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and even Thomas the Train, which in my opinion is the worst children's character to live... yes even worse than Barney. Barney is at least nice and loves his friends. Thomas is rude and makes creepy faces, but I will leave that for another post. Back to the present...

I still can't get over how fast kids can get sick... I mean does this look like a little boy that isn't feeling well...

I didn't think so either. Now, this was taken on Sunday... but this was him last night learning some soccer secrets from his dad...





I'm just hopeful that he will start to feel better soon. While all the cuddling is nice, I already miss the loud laughter that fills our castle walls throughout the day. I mean what's a fairy tale without singing and laughing? Just another story if you ask me.

I'm sure he will be better soon... especially if his GiGi comes to take care of him tomorrow... talk about royal treatment! I guess I need to go call her and confirm!

No comments:

Post a Comment