8.15.2011

Power Cooking...

So besides being crafty this weekend, I also got busy in the kitchen! I stuck with two "go to" people pleasing recipes but they were both new in our PC line up. 

Up first...

Poppyseed Chicken

Ingredients: Frozen chicken breasts (2 five pound bags),  4 cans cream of mushroom soup, 4 cans cream of chicken soup, 2 large sour cream (don't worry...I didn't use it all), croutons (crushed) , poppyseed

Note: I am NOT a measurer. I found a recipe to PSC a long time ago and have adapted it a million times over. This is just what I "eyeballed" would make the amount that we needed. Sorry! 

 

Mix ingredients together


Place 3-4 frozen CBs in storage bag and scoop mixture over. Freeze. When ready to serve, thaw overnight and place in crockpot on low for 6 hours. Serve over rice and enjoy! 
I also made meatballs, but since everyone has their own favorite recipe for these italian delights, I'll save you that write-up. I made about 7 pounds for 3 families which gave us each 2 bags of meatballs. I just bought a variety of tomato sauce (I feel guilty just typing that) and placed the meatballs in a storage bag and poured the sauce on top. Freeze and when ready to serve, thaw overnight, place in crockpot on low for 6 hours. We are making meatball subs tonight so I'll let you know how they turned out!


 When we were finished we had 13 meals. Each family spent ~$80. So my favorite part:

$240 total/3 families = $80/13 meals = $6.15/4 servings/meal = $1.53/serving!!! 

With all my power cooking this summer I now have 22 delicious meals waiting for me!

1 comment:

  1. we need to get a bigger freezer so i can start power cooking! :)

    ReplyDelete