9.10.2012

Out of this world...

We had Radley's birthday party on Saturday and it was "out of this world!"

He requested a "planet party"' when he became obsessed with the solar system after a lesson in school and he hasn't stopped talking about it since (I really think it was April or May). He also wanted to go swimming which made it much easier on this momma! 


I did {almost} have a little melt down that morning when a "cold front" (ie. 75-80 degree weather blew in). The wind was a little much so we had to shift party set up a bit, but you know what - the kids didn't care on tiny bit. 

That big red bucket is labeled "mission control" and was home to every pool toy imaginable. They loved just going and grabbing something new to play with. 


I found the cutest outer space party package on Etsy for the invites, cupcake toppers, thank you notes, and party favor tags. I had the cake made to match the invite (and just realized I didn't take a picture of the top - oops!). 



I cut out starts and added extra cupcake toppers to label the food in the theme.
(Note: if you ever throw a party - put donut holes (planet pops) on a stick. Biggest.Hit.EVER.)


Radley got to pick out the party food: Cheesy puffs, grapes, chex mix, donuts, and cake. 


I made the most adorable birthday banner but it was so windy that we didn't get to display it in a way that I could take a picture. But his name portion will be going up in his room! 


And everyone got to take home a "space invader" that we found at the dollar spot at Target. 


It really was a fun, simple party. Everyone had a great day - the perfect way to celebrate my favorite boy and say goodbye to summer. 




No comments:

Post a Comment