7.11.2013

Tiny Tales Thursday...

Radley has been home the last two days with a random case of strep. Who knows where he got it from since we were in Baton Rouge all last week. We took him to the doctor on Tuesday where Dr. Henderson quickly diagnosed him and sent us on our way with a prescription for amoxicillin. This was clearly not a big deal, since each of the kids have been on these meds a dozen times.

By Tuesday night he was feeling better and then right at dinner time he looked down and there was this patchy rash all over his arms and legs. It was so bizarre because it was just so sudden. I immediately did what all good moms do and sent some pics of the rash to my mom and bestie Lyndee (she's a PA aka our on call doctor).

Then I of course called the on call nurse.

An hour later and Dr. Henderson had been called and told us to give him Benadryl and come see him in the morning so he could make sure it was a strep rash and not allergic reaction.

Easy.

We followed the instructions, went to visit him the next morning went home with the same meds but told to watch him for more rashes.

As we were leaving the office and in the car Rad decided that the really like Dr. Henderson...

Rad: I like Dr. Henderson
Me: Me, too buddy.
Rad: Doctors aren't really scary.
Me: Nope. You know, you could be a doctor.
Rad: REALLY?
Me: Of course! You could even be a veterinarian - that's a doctor that works on animals.
Rad: What about sharks?
Me: Yes - some do.
Rad: And snakes?
Me: Yep.
::pause in convo::
Rad: I got it, Momma.
Me: What buddy?
Rad: I will be a doctor on sharks and snakes and regular animals and then just a normal doctor.
Me: That's a lot? How are you going to do that?
Rad: On Monday's I'll work on sharks, Tuesday's snakes, Wednesday's just animals and Thursday's I'll be a real doctor.
Me: Wow - are you going to take off on Fridays?
Rad: Hmmm... nah... that's when I'll fly to South Carolina.

I see a Nobel Prize in somebody's future.

2 comments:

  1. Im allergic to amoxicillian and sulfa drugs. Get a rash too. Ocasionally there is not really an alternative drug and I have to take one of them anyway and suffer. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete