10.06.2014

InstaKings...

Just a casual stroll through HEB with the two cutest Aggie princesses around. Their faces to me saying "yes" to the crowns and shoes for a trip to the grocery store was a great reminder of the power of "yes". I want to be a yes mom. I want to bring them joy. But I also understand the value and lesson in the "no". But man, is it great when the YES comes out strong!


Sundays have kind of formed a tradition of baking with Daddy. He is so good at this - giving each kid their part, letting them all contribute and make a mess and really letting them help with the hard stuff, too. And when they help - they taste! This week was pumpkin bread.


Sometimes I just want to go to the park and sit. I want to sit and read or do nothing but watch. But inevitably the visit is filled with "come over here", "help!" "Push me, Mommy" or incessant arguing over who's turn is next. When really all I want is a turn to stop. Breathe. And maybe have my own time out. But then when I do give in and "come here!" "help!" and "push!"... My energy is miraculously returned and supplied by endless giggles, thoughtful hugs and kisses of gratitude. #momfessional


This kid lost another tooth and just in time for yearbook pictures!


The return of soccer season also brings the return of dinner in the car and they love it!


Isn't the baby supposed to be the one being pulled? 
#bestrong #likeagirl


I took off work one Friday and spent the day junkin' with my bestie and my momma. Roundtop never disappoints and we went home with a few fun finds. The corn; however, may have been the best part!


A new year brings a new crop of freshmen… and this crew was ONE YEAR OLD when I started college. #oy


Let soccer season begin! I am dying over the shirts I found for the girls in the baby boy section of Target. ADORABLE! Let's go get 'em Flamethrowers!


Who's teaching who? My money is on Emmy!


Ryan's got mad dad skills! Sunday sweetness for the week was banana blueberry bread… they were clearly impressed with his egg breaking. 


We are major shredders in this house. We, like you, get a ridiculous amount of junk mail for credit cards that need shredding. Well, I got a little overzealous and accidentally shred something that looked important. You know, in a real envelope with real postage. I freaked out and sent texts to anyone that I thought could have been mailing me something. And then I figured it out… I shred metallic jewelry tattoos I had ordered for me and Cindy. How will we ever be the cool trendy moms without them?!?


As we were hopping out of the car for the girls to go to school Emmy said, "Ooohhh, Mommy, you're coffee smells good today!" And in a moment I was back in school, riding in my Dads car watching him drink coffee from his brown mug with Alabama's greatest hits in the tape player. And I wondered about what moments will turn into their forever memories and which ones will fade. The truth is I'll never know - the gift is to make them all count. The smallest things in the world matter as much as the big... What a quiet reminder to be mindful, be gracious and be ever joyful in them all.


I see a First Friday tradition in our future because y'all… dancing in the street… ALL night long!


I am getting to explore a new city (Boston) with a lovely old friend, Kadie. And I am SOOOO pumped to be here! 


I have been waiting my whole life to visit Boston, y'all… my WHOLE life. Not an exaggeration. Ask my motha (in my best Boston accent). 


And it is NOT disappointing. Two days down… two days to go. 


And while traveling sadly means leaving the kids and hubs behind for a few days… I get to leave the kids and the hubs behind for a few days!

Yep. That space is all mine!


And that's us in an instant!

No comments:

Post a Comment