10.20.2014

Emmy at 4...

It's hard to believe that Emmy turned four over four months ago - but it's true. My 6lb 3 oz tiny tot is, well... still a tiny tot. But she's a four-year-old tiny tot and I can't believe it. But don't let that tiny stature fool you - she is FULL of personality which Sarah captured beautifully. 

I mean, seriously. I wish she had a bit more flair to her. Poor child.

;)



Emmy's hair is kind of a major part of who she is. We didn't cut it until her 4th birthday - she is just destined to be a long-haired girl. But, she does love a top knot (like her Momma) although she calls it a Tiana bun. I really wanted a set of images that showcased her ability to rock that top knot and then decide a mother/daughter action was necessary. 

And I am so glad I did because we totally rocked that top knot. 

(And a big thanks to my sweet friend, Stephanie for loaning us that bow. Y'all. I can't even.)


We changed clothes and headed for a field and got a glimpse at the sweeter side of our girl. 


I don't always think that she completely resembles me, but when I sent this pic to my mom she asked me where I got this picture of me and/or my cousin Lindsay. The Guercio genes run strong. 


I try to prep for photoshoots in advance (you are shocked, I know), but this dress was a day before purchase that took the place of a completely different outfit. 


And I have never been more thankful for my habit gift of impulse shopping. 





Then we headed to one more field for what I refer to as her "Ralph Lauren" modeling audition. I never thought that "being jealous of your child's wardrobe" would be on my list of things to note as a mom. 


Or just her ability to pull off some of my favorite trends in general. 


And what I've really learned is her ability to shine doesn't come from her outward beauty. She's adorable, yes... but she's confident. She's comfortable in her skin. She loves who she is. She isn't afraid to be silly. Or make faces. Or try something new. 

She truly dances as if no one is watching (although she demands that EVERYONE watch). 

She is her own tiny self. All on her own. And while I want to be able to claim a tiny portion of who she is growing up to be, I give it all to her. Her charisma. Her charm. Her overwhelmingly adorable attitude and spunk. It's all who she was created to be by someone much more powerful and great than I or her daddy could ever be. She is hers because she is His. 

He just loaned her out to us for a while. 


And in these tiny four years with this tiny four-year-old, I have learned that I want to dance like no one is watching. 

I want to rock a top knot. 

I want to be silly.

I want to play dress up.

I want to feel beautiful simply because I put on "pincess shoes."

I want to be like my daughter when I grow up. 



Thanks for being a fantastic teacher in style and grace, Emersyn. You really are fabulous at four!!!

1 comment: