10.19.2014

Sunday Sweetness...


We have officially made our Sunday baking sessions a tradition. My favorite part of this tradition? Ryan is the lead baker! Yep - I am not very good at baking - I don't generally follow a recipe when I cook, I just add things to taste, so baking is a struggle. (The tasting of the baking; however, is not). 

So, dear readers, since we are loving this new tradition so much, I wanted to share it with you all. Seriously - the joy that is created is often times better than the food. The kids adore this time and attention, they love helping, they love being with each other and they love that they made something. 

Give it a try - don't worry about the mess, or even the taste ... just enjoy the time spent in the company of the ones you love. You'll find that you are making much more than dinner and dessert. I will try to post the recipe to what we bake each week and who knows, maybe enough of you will follow along that we can start linking up. This will force us to continue and maybe even try something new!





So, without further ado... 

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
Ingredients1 C canned pumpkin 1 C white sugar1/2 C vegetable oil1 egg2 C flour2 tsp baking powder2 tsp ground cinnamon1/2 tsp salt1 tsp baking soda1 tsp milk1 tablespoon vanilla extract2 C chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate)
Directions
This is generally the part where I just throw everything in the mixer and go. BUT... you have to follow this recipe just as it states. Something about consistency and mixing and blah blah blah. ;) 

-Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil and egg. In separate bowl stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in. Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix well.-Next, add the vanilla and chocolate chips-Bake at 350 for approximately 10 min

The cookies should feel like muffin tops (the good kind, not the kind that hang over your pants). (And since they are basically muffin tops, I say eating them for breakfast is just fine.) 

I can't tell you how much we love these. I bring them to pot lucks, school carnivals, gifts to neighbors, work lunches and everyone loves them. Even people that aren't usually fans of pumpkin-y things. 

So, thanks, KK for sharing the recipe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment