10.12.2014

Surprise, surprise, surprise...

Our weekend was full of surprises starting bright and early on Saturday! We got the notice that the fields were closed for Radley's soccer game so we started prepping for an easy morning. As soon as I hopped out of the shower Ryan then told me, "Games on. Need to be at the fields in 15 minutes."

Awesome. I love the wet hair look. We grabbed our junk, through junk food in bowls for kids to eat and headed up there. The only picture I managed to get was of warm ups because as no-surprise the rain began. The boys did great, the girls loved playing in the drizzle and I loved that I didn't dry my hair.


We kept the surprises going with a trip to DQ to hang out with Miss Shanon who was in town to watch the Aggies play! I didn't stop to take one picture which just means we had the best time catching up. We only planned on ice creams for the kids, but by the time we left Radley had eaten 3 tacos, a small blizzard, a hamburger and some french fries. I know. 

We loaded up the car and asked the kids where they thought we were going next - they guessed bowling, the movies, Gigi and Pops', and a million other things. The funny part is they had been asking non-stop about visiting the Pumpkin Patch which is exactly where we were headed and we couldn't have asked for a better afternoon.


But the surprises continued when the besties showed up, too. 

Ryan and Josh seemed a bit surprised, too… clearly Cindy and I were not.
;)



They ran around, picked some pumpkins, played in a maze and just enjoyed the fun that comes with being a kid.


One of my favorite perks of parenthood is surprising them like this. Big or small - planned or spontaneous… I am so thankful for the gift of making them happy. Of seeing their joy. Of watching them smile. We have been trusted with these special treasures for only a small amount of time so what better excuse do we need to keep surprising them with fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment